Poznan University of Technology offers the following PhD programs (8 semesters):
- Chemical Technologies, Faculty of Chemical Technologies.
- Civil Engineering and the Environment, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Doctoral Studies of Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
- Management and Production Systems, Faculty of Engineering Management.
- Mechanical and Operating Engineering, Faculty of Machines and Transport.
- Modern Electrical and Information Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
- Technical Physics, Faculty of Technical Physics.
- Telecommunication Technologies, Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications.
- Theoretical and Practical Problems of Automatic Control and Robotics, Faculty of Computing.
- Theoretical and Practical Problems of Computing, Faculty of Computing.
The tuition fee is 3000 EUR per year, in the first year the students are also obliged to pay additional non - refundable 200 EUR registration fee.
In order to apply for Ph.D. studies the candidate should send (email@example.com) us copies of the following documents:
1. Master diploma – a photocopy – diploma of completing 2nd cycle studies.
NOTE! it should be legalized and translated by a sworn translator into English or Polish.
2. Transcript of Records for M.Sc. studies (supplement) containing courses passed by a candidate during the studies, in particular including lectures, auditorium classes, laboratory classes, seminar classes and project classes together with obtained grades.
3. Motivation letter, stating why the candidate has chosen the faculty concerned at PUT, and describing the candidate’s particular area of scientific interest within the chosen field.
4. English knowledge at the level B2. If the previous education was conducted in English the document will be recognized as proof of language proficiency.
It is also possible:
• to present an official certification e.g.: TOEFL, IELTS exam or,
• enroll in a one- semester language course at PUT.
5. Photocopy of a valid passport.
Poznan University of Technology holds the rights to award a Ph.D. degree in 16 academic fields within the following scientific areas: technology, chemistry, physics and economics, as well as to award a senior Ph.D. (habilitation) in 12 academic fields.
The documents provided by the candidate are then analyzed in search of an appropriate member of the academic staff (professor) who will take the role of scientific tutor, i.e. whose scientific interests are close to those of the candidate, who will co-operate with the future Ph.D. student and finally become the official supervisor of their Ph.D. thesis. Such tutor, interested in scientific cooperation, will contact the candidate, and finally decide about admitting (inviting) him/her to the recruitment process.